Welcome from the Head Teacher

Welcome to St. Bartholomew’s Primary School. We are a Roman Catholic Primary School serving the population of Castlemilk. The home, Church and the school form a partnership, at the centre of which is your child.

My name is Angela Fitzpatrick and I am privileged to be the Head Teacher of St Bartholomew’s Primary School.

As Head Teacher it is my intention that your child will receive the highest standard of education possible within a caring Catholic environment. I am committed to creating every opportunity for your child to succeed and to be a motivated, confident and ambitious individual.

Our school has a happy, positive ethos based on our gospel values. We have very high expectations of pupil behaviour and children are guided to take responsibility for making positive choices. Children are rewarded for their efforts and we invest considerable time building our children’s confidence and self-esteem. We ensure the highest level of pastoral care for our children and families.

Our school community is an extension of our school and we aim to develop relationships in an atmosphere of trust and partnership. We welcome the opportunity for you to be a partner in your child’s learning and we encourage you to become involved in the life of the school. Parental engagement is very important to us in St Bartholomew’s Primary and we welcome your involvement as a full member of our school community through our Parent Council or as part of the wider Parent Forum.

Please contact myself at the school if you ever have any queries. I will be delighted to help you in any way I can.

Angela Fitzpatrick

Head Teacher