WEE SLEEKIT TOWRIN TIMROUS BEASTIE

We began our Learning Journey folders and had fun drawing ourselves and reflecting on Term 1 and Term 2.

Saad’s drawing of himself looked soooo much like him. HAHA!!

On Thursday, it was Robert Burn’s birthday and so we celebrated by learning Scots Dialect.

“Miss, a swear a wisnae talkin!”

Fizziwig Theatre came in and performed a play for us called, ‘Wee Sleekit Cowrin Timrous Beastie.’ 

Robert Burns confessed his love to Miss Kinloch when he was writing his poem, A Red Red Rose.

Eshaal – “The play was about Robert Burns and he fell in love with Jean Armour.  Robert lived on a farm with his brother Gilbert and they were very poor.  Gilbert didn’t think that Robert’s poems were good but, in the end, Robert Burns became famous when his poems were published.”

Hafsa – “I liked how Robert Burns sang his songs and read his poems.”

Zarah – “I loved Gilbert because he was so silly and he acts responsible but is actually really irresponsible.”

Fareed – “A burst of laughter!”

Laiba – “The mouse was so funny because he kept stealing Robert Burns’ poems and food.”

Mimi- “I liked it when all the actors started singing together.  I felt different emotions during it.”

Zeenat – “I loved when Jean sang because her voice is amazing. “

Aibak – “I hated when Jean’s dad threatened Robert by saying that he would cut his limbs off if he goes out with Jean.”

Meilyr Jones, a Welsh singer, pianist and songwriter came and sang for us.  It was such a nice treat.  He is so amazing!!

Miss McCue made us haggis – Halal of course.  We had it with tatties and peppercorn sauce.  The peppercorn sauce was amazing!!!! Some people didn’t like the haggis but others loved it.  We gave some down to Musa in P6/7 because we know he loves it. #SCOTTISHEXPERIENCE

8 thoughts on “WEE SLEEKIT TOWRIN TIMROUS BEASTIE

1. I loved the Robbie Burns panto its was amaze!
    But no panto can beat the jackie and the baked bean stalk one, that one was hilarious!😂

1. I know Zeenat i loved the haggis 😀😀😱😱👻👻💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄 I just love unicorns