Twitter: Great Digital Education Accounts to Follow

Great Scottish ‘Digital Education’ Twitter Accounts to Follow

Twitter is a professional learning network like no other.  Since coming onto twitter to share and gain ideas, I have seen a huge improvement in my own pedagogy, as I am continually inspired by educators.  Teaching is no longer a ‘closed-door’ profession.  It is one where you can collaborate globally to get the best possible experiences for your learners.  The below accounts are ones that either inspire me on a daily basis, or those that inspire others.  As the list could be infinite, I am only noting Scottish teachers and schools that tweet mostly about Digital Learning.

Get following and get inspired!

To recommend a Scottish school/educator that inspires you with their Digital Learning tweets, please send me a tweet with their Twitter handle, and a sentence or two about why they inspire you.

***

Disclaimer
I am not responsible for content on accounts that I have recommended.

***

Mosspark Primary School: This is the school that I am currently based in, and one of the first schools in Glasgow to receive the Digital Schools Award.  All of our staff share learning weekly for the Twitter page, and tweets about Digital Learning feature prominently.

Laura McEachran: Laura is a Principal Teacher and Digital Leader of Learning in Carmyle PS&NC.  In addition to digital literacy, Laura is also well known for her dedication to promoting BSL and has really raised the profile of it amongst staff in Glasgow City Council.

Jennifer Lilley: Jen, who also shares Glasgow schools’ best practice via the Digital Learning for ALL account, is Glasgow City Council’s Digital Leader of Learning and heads up the team of DLoLs across the city.

Tracy Atkinson: Tracy is a Teaching Fellow in Digital Education at The University of Strathclyde and works hard to raise the profile of Digital learning amongst student teachers in Strathclyde University.

Andrew Jewell: Andrew is a Digital Transformation Consultant for XMA, Apple Teacher, Apple Education Trainer and speaker.

Leigh Milligan:  Leigh is a Digital Learning Consultant forXMA and Apple Professional Learning Specialist

Louise Foreman: Louise is an Education Officer for Education Scotland who works with learners and teachers in the world of Digital Skills & Digital Creativity.

Susan Sey: Susan is a Digital Skills Development Officer seconded to Education Scotland. MIEExpert, SMART Exemplary Educator & Google Cert Edu Level1.

Dr Amanda Ford: Amanda is a FE Lecturer, MiniGameJam organiser, CoderRoyston mentor, MIEExpert and Raspberry Pi Certified Educator.

Sarah Clark: Sarah is a biology and science teacher who is passionate about active learning and ICT in schools. MIEExpert, SurfaceMasterTrainer, MIETrainer and Apple Teacher.

Laura Davidson: Laura is a Deputy Head Teacher, Digital Leader of Learning and Apple Teacher in Glasgow.

Ian Stuart: Formerly an engineer and then educator before becoming a consultant with NoTosh. MIEEduFellow

Malcolm Wilson: Malcolm is a Teacher and Falkirk ICT Curriculum Development Officer.  MIEExpert Master Trainer and Apple Teacher.

Martin Coutts: Martin is a Digital Education Teacher, Apple Distinguished Educator 2015, and on the ADE Advisory Board EMEIA

Gemma Sanderson: Gemma is a primary school teacher and MIEExpert interested in technology.  Also described by Jenny H as “a very modest digital genius”.

Jenny Harvey: Jenny is an SEN teacher, MIEExpert, MIESurfaceExpert,  and Apple Teacher, with the Fife Digital Team.