Holy Cross Primary School

CURAMUS

April 22, 2020
by Miss Feeney
0 comments

Virtual Learning Platforms

Good morning p2!

I hope you are all staying safe and well. The weather has been beautiful so be sure to enjoy those daily walks!

Across P2 we have been working hard to put together some activities to help you with your home learning. We will be sharing these with you through the following platforms:

Education City – https://www.educationcity.com/

Sumdog – https://pages.sumdog.com/

Google Classroom – https://sts.platform.rmunify.com/account/signin/glow

Whilst there are downloadable apps for both Education City and Sumdog, you will need to access Google Classroom from the above link. All log in details are included in your home learning packs however if you need to have these reissued please contact Mrs Gray at headteacher@holycross-pri.glasgow.sch.uk. Instructions on how to log in to Google Classrooms can also be found on the school twitter page.

We will be setting some challenge tasks and emailing you to keep in touch, so let us know how you are doing and what you have been up to!

Take care,

Miss Feeney

April 20, 2020
by Miss Greene
0 comments

Welcome Back 7a!

Good Morning P7a!

I hope you all had a lovely Easter break. I am looking forward to hearing all about it :-).

Head over to Google Classroom to find out what tasks I have set for you today.

Miss Greene

April 3, 2020
by Miss Smith
0 comments

P7C Last day of term

Good afternoon everyone and happy last day of term!

I hope you are all well and keeping yourself busy. I know I spoke about Google Classroom on my last post, it would be great if you all accepted the invitation before the Easter holidays are over (20th April) as I will be posting some activities. I know that some people had been having problems with and it was asking for a code. I will email the class code to you all via your glow account. I had seen a post online that says that you can connect through your Xbox and PlayStation too, so why not try this?!

I will speak to you all after the holidays but if you have any problems with the Google Classrooms feel free to email Mrs Gray with any questions on headteacher@holycross-pri.glasgow.sch.uk with your name and date of birth.

Speak you to soon, missing you all loads!

Miss Smith 🙂 x

April 3, 2020
by Miss Greene
0 comments

P7a- Last day of term!

Good Morning P7A,

Can anyone else not quite believe that this is the last day of Term 3?

Well done and thank you to those people who have already logged in to Google Classroom. I will be sending you all an email today with the class code to join so please log in to Glow if you haven’t done so already. You can also use your Xbox/PS4 to access Glow too.

As this is the last day before the Easter break I will not be posting anymore activities until the first day back.  I will definitely be keeping myself busy over the next couple of weeks and you should try to as well.

• You could continue practising your Maths skills on Sumdog and Education City. You can also work on your spelling and reading skills too on these sites.
  • Learn a new language on Duo Lingo or continue with Gaelic on the Go Gaelic website
  • READ! Whether is it a newspaper, a book, an article online, anything! Make sure you try to read as much as you can.
  • Keep active! Try to do the Joe Wicks workout, or use the spelling workout I posted this week.

This is just a list of some of things you could do.

Feel free to contact me on Google Classroom once you have joined. I am really looking forward to hearing from you all!

Keep safe!

Miss Greene

April 3, 2020
by Mrs Lamb
0 comments

Day 10 – 3rd April 2020

Good Morning P7s,

Well done to those people who have successfully logged into google classroom. If you are struggling make sure to e-mail Mrs Gray at headteacher@holycross-pri.glasgow.sch.uk.

Today is the last day before the Easter Holidays so as a heads up, I won’t be posting activities for the next two weeks. However, there are still plenty of things you can be doing to occupy your time.

1. Improve your art skills by trying my art challenge on Google Classroom or trying to draw something everyday!
  2. Continue to work out with Joe Wicks at 9!
  3. Practice your Maths and English on educationcity
  4. Practice your Maths on Sumdog

And so much more!

If you need me over the holidays, I will be checking my messages and you can email me at

gw16elybridget@glow.ea.glasgow.sch.uk

I look forward to hearing from you!

Mrs Lamb 🙂

April 2, 2020
by Miss Feeney
0 comments

World Autism Awareness Day 2020

Good afternoon Primary 2!

Today is World Autism Awareness Day. Every year on the 2nd of April the global community comes together to raise awareness of Autism and to help each other learn about what life is like for people who have Autism. Some buildings around the world even light themselves up blue in recognition of Autism Awareness, how cool!

Autism is kind of like having a superpower. It can mean lots of different things to lots of different people who have it, and some things will be more helpful/difficult to one person with autism than it might be for another. We are very lucky at Holy Cross because we have lots of children with Autism learning and growing with us in our school community.

To celebrate our own little wonders today and to help you learn more, here is a short 10 minute clip from my favourite childhood programme Sesame Street who introduced the first Autistic character, Julia.

So happy World Autism Awareness Day! Remember that it is ok to be different – you are all special!

from Miss Feeney

April 2, 2020
by Mrs Lamb
1 Comment

Day 9 – 2nd April 2020

Good Morning P7s!

Well done to those children who successfully got onto google classrooms. If you are still struggling, e-mail Mrs Gray and she will be able to help you access it (your parents/guardians will have gotten a text message and/or e-mail about this provided we had the right details).

Again, you can help me out by making sure that all your friends know about the glow link. If this via the xbox or playstation, I don’t mind. 🙂

Here is my attempt at the art project I posted yesterday. I have to admit, I’m quite happy with it!

Here is a Thursday challenge:

Toonces was driving his 1992 Tabby Car down the road at an average speed of 60 km/h.

When he was 10 km from the end of the road, he was passed by his friend, Hector Gonzalez. Toonces’ cat-like senses told him that Hector’s car was going 15 km/h faster than he was.

a) How many minutes will it take Toonces to go the last 10 km?

b) How many minutes will it take Gonzalez to go the last 10 km?

c) How much time will speedy guy Gonzalez save compared to Toonces over that last 10 km stretch of the road?

I’ll put this challenge on Google as well.

Talk to you tomorrow!

Mrs Lamb 🙂

April 1, 2020
by Miss Greene
0 comments

P7A April 1st

Good Morning everyone!

I have added some Daily Challenge Activities over on our Google Classroom for you to try. Perhaps you could try one or two a day?

Also as Wednesday is normally one of our PE days so I have uploaded a ‘Spelling Workout’ Challenge for you 🙂 (No, this is not an April Fools :))

Why don’t you use your name to complete the work out or ask a family member to give you some words and complete the workout that way? If you are not sure what some of the exercises are, you can use Google or YouTube to help you.

Good Luck!

Miss Greene

Day 8 – 1st April 2020

April 1, 2020 by Mrs Lamb | 1 Comment

Good Morning P7s!

Heads up! I have created a google classroom for you all.

• You have been invited to join via your glow emails. These were provided to you as part of your take-home pack.
  • I will be starting to put things up for you to do, in fact, there is something for you to do up there already!

Also, I am beginning to work on EducationCity and Sumdog so there will be assignments for you after Easter break!

You can do me a favour and make sure that all your friends in our class are aware of this. Especially those who weren’t in school before we shut.

Mrs Gray sent me this fabulous link to some work on Anne Frank from the Anne Frank Trust. It is a charity in the UK which empowers young people with the knowledge, skills and confidence to challenge all forms of prejudice and discrimination. Perfect for our sectarianism and WW2 topics. There is an online worksheet and PDF file with activities you can do!  Click here to be taken there!

I’ve also included it on Google Classroom!

As a Wednesday Treat, let’s do some art. I’ll draw it as well and upload it to the blog tomorrow!

Talk to you tomorrow!

Mrs Lamb 🙂