The library is closed, long live the library!

The St Mungo’s library is sadly closed for walk-ins and clubs until further notice.

Meanwhile, I’m trying my best for the pupils to keep in touch with literacy in respect of the Covid risk assessment plan.

The English department and I came out with a visit calendar plan for S1 and S2 classes to give the opportunity to the younger ones to have visited the library, interact with books and have the chance to borrow some.

As you can see the library is quite busy, welcoming around 3 classes a day! Luckily, I received and catalogued plenty of new stock for everyone to enjoy during their visits.

After the excitement of new books comes… the reading time! All quiet, the pupils are immerse in their imaginary world.

If the classes cannot come to the library, the library is coming to them!

To reach other year groups (S3 to S6), I have install in the English base, a library trolley with a “borrow box” with a finest choice of books and a “return box” to drop them once they have been read.

library trolley

This two wee initiatives allow the pupils and teachers to remain in touch with the library despite the sanitary situation. I’m really looking forward to the library re-opening and to organise more social and educational activities with all year groups.