Art & Design at Second Level: Experiences & Outcomes

Through art and design, learners have rich opportunities to be creative and to experience inspiration and enjoyment. They explore a wide range of two- and three-dimensional media and technologies through practical activities, and create, express, and communicate ideas. Their studies of the works of artists and designers enhance their enjoyment and deepen their knowledge and understanding.

EXA 2-02a

I have the opportunity to choose and explore an extended range of media and technologies to create images and objects, comparing and combining them for specific tasks.

EXA 2-03a

I can create and present work that shows developing skill in using the visual elements and concepts

EXA 2-04a

Through observing and recording from my experiences across the curriculum, I can create images and objects which show my awareness and recognition of detail.

EXA 2-05a

Inspired by a range of stimuli, I can express and communicate my ideas, thoughts and feelings through activities within art and design.

EXA 2-06a

I can develop and communicate my ideas, demonstrating imagination and presenting at least one possible solution to a design problem.

EXA 2-07a

I can respond to the work of artists and designers by discussing my thoughts and feelings. I can give and accept constructive comment on my own and others’ work.

EXA 2-01a

I have experienced the energy and excitement of presenting/performing for audiences and being part of the audience for other people’s presentation/performances.