Drama at Second Level: Experiences & Outcomes

Through drama, learners have rich opportunities to be creative and to experience inspiration and enjoyment. Creating and presenting are prominent activities for all learners. Their acting and presenting skills are developed through participating in scripted or improvised drama. Exploring real and imaginary situations helps learners to understand and share their world. They develop their capacity to enjoy drama and their knowledge and understanding through evaluating technical aspects and scripts, and commenting on their work and the work of others.

EXA 2-12a I can create, adapt and sustain different roles, experimenting with movement, expression and voice and using theatre arts technology.
EXA 2-13a Inspired by a range of stimuli, I can express and communicate my ideas, thoughts and feelings through drama.
EXA 2-14a I have created and presented scripted or improvised drama, beginning to take account of audience and atmosphere.
EXA 2-15a I can respond to the experience of drama by discussing my thoughts and feelings. I can give and accept constructive comment on my own and others’ work. 
EXA 2-01a I have experienced the energy and excitement of presenting/performing for audiences and being part of the audience for other people’s presentation/performances.