Music at First Level: Experiences & Outcomes

Through music, learners have rich opportunities to be creative and to experience inspiration and enjoyment. Performing and creating music will be the prominent activities for all learners. Through these activities they develop their vocal and instrumental skills, explore sounds and musical concepts, and use their imagination and skills to create musical ideas and compositions. They can further develop their understanding and capacity to enjoy music through listening to musical performances and commenting on them. They use ICT to realise or enhance their composition and performance, and to promote their understanding of how music works.

EXA 1-16a I can sing and play music from other styles and cultures, showing growing confidence and skill, while learning about musical notation and performance direction.
EXA 1-17a I can use my voice, musical instruments and music technology to discover and enjoy playing with sound, rhythm, pitch and dynamics.
EXA 1-18a Inspired by a range of stimuli, and working on my own and/or with others, I can express and communicate my ideas, thoughts and feelings through musical activities.
EXA 1-19a I can respond to music by describing my thoughts and feelings about my own and others’ work.
EXA 1-01a I have experienced the energy and excitement of presenting/performing for audiences and being part of the audience for other people’s presentation/performances.