Main Page

literature

7 thoughts on “Main Page”

1. As the class is going to be made up of both National 5 and Higher pupils this will hopefully mean that you will have access to homework (so no excuses) and also any support sheets that have been handed out in class that will support you with independent learning.

2. Homework for this week is work on deciding on an idea for your discursive essay and to start researching your topic.

Homework for Friday is complete another close reading analysis using the sheets I have already given to you in the polypocket. I would choose an article that is part of your research for the folio as well so that you can kill two birds with one stone.

3. A possible plan for literature (although this may all change) for the year is:

Critical Essay
    Drama – ‘A Streetcar Named Desire’ by Tennessee Williams
    Poetry – A selection of poems by Wilfred Owen
    Non-fiction – ‘Shooting an Elephant’ by George Orwell

Scottish Set Text
    Prose – ‘The Cone Gatherers’ by Robin Jenkins

4. Don’t forget your homework for this Friday and is to analyse a feature article using the help sheet I have given to you. If you’ve lost yours, you kind find it in the close reading section. Write your answers onto A4 and hand it back to me in the poly- pocket provided.

5. Don’f forget that today’s homework is to have your proposal for your discursive essay handed to me by Wednesday of next week (17th June) using the hand out I gave to you.

6. If you are reading this at home can you leave me a message to see if your account is working properly? Nothing rude obvioiusly!

7. Homework for Wednesday 26th is to analyse an article based on the topic you have chosen to write your persuasive essay on. Your ongoing work is to read the ‘Cone Gatherers’ and to research your essay.