Orienteering during Outdoor Learning. Abernethy – we’re ready for ya!!

We talked in class yesterday about stepping out of our comfort zones and being adventurous. Miss Cohen discussed the adventure short film festival she went to on Monday evening. Here is the link below to watch the cool, inspiring trailer again and also to inspire you to start planning your own trips;

https://www.banff-uk.com/

I really recommend buying or renting from the library the following books to discover what is on your doorstep in terms of the great outdoors!

We are so lucky to live in Scotland, and I hope that I can inspire you to get starting exploring when you are young and fit enough to do so!

On Tuesday afternoons, we have been working outdoors with Miss Bull and MrMcDonald to prepare ourselves for our upcoming residential trip to Abernethy Outdoor Activity Centre. We timed ourselves getting layered up in waterproof clothing, wellies and cosy layers -and we are getting more efficient and slick each week! We played in the snow, and this week, we used maps and symbols to do Orienteering practice. Next week – assembling tents! Watch this space…

2 thoughts on “Orienteering during Outdoor Learning. Abernethy – we’re ready for ya!!