A busy week full of trips and experiences…I think we may need a bigger blog!

Primary 7 were really lucky last week, as we managed to secure not one, but TWO trips.

On Monday, we visited the Glasgow Film Theatre to watch Take One Action’s selection of short films. These were really interesting, and based on global issues such as climate change, gender equality, deforestation, war and migration. Take One Action are a really inspirational organisation, who strive to make their audience aware of current affairs and encourage community action. Here’s a link to their webpage if you want to check out some more from their film catalogue;

https://www.takeoneaction.org.uk/film/

On Tuesday, William Steel (an organic farmer) delivered an informative powerpoint on his role in the farming industry. He discussed the difference between an organic farm and a regular farm, in terms of the environmental impact and important priorities. William works on an organic farm in Lesmahagow, which has been passed down for generations. Learn more about William’s visit on the school Eco blog, where I’ve posted s’more fun farm facts.

On Wednesday, we went to Platform, an Arts venue in Easterhouse, to see an interactive theatre performance of Tiger Tale. Vince and Jade from the Barrowland Ballet were fantastic to watch, as they played the role of a disfunctional family longing to explore their wild side! Vince was amazing, and played the cheeky, enthusiastic character excellently.

On Thursday, we raised Β£750 at our MacMillan Coffee Morning, an outstanding amount! Thank you so much to everyone for coming, and for the generous (and delicious) home baking, Mrs Connel’s strawberry cream sponge disappeared from the cake table in no time. Zainab’s cupcakes and Mimi’s chocolate cake looked SO professional too, well done gals! Ryan B – I bought some of your homemade sponge for my Mum to enjoy on her day off on Friday – it didn’t disappoint! Yum yum!

Amina, we are very happy that you won the Family Flipout voucher! Please post photos on the blog once you’ve put it to good use!

On Thursday afternoon, the P7s helped set up activities and games for the Dad’s Sports day. Here’s a gorgeous snap of Amina encouraging her Dad!

Β Hurdle hero!

Hussain’s brother also made an appearance, and I love this photo of them both and Adam! We should do a caption competition…what do you reckon Adam is giggling about!?

I hope you have all had a relaxing, fun long weekend!

I am just back from Easdale Island, where the World Stone Skimming Championships were being held. I’m excited to show you some videos and snaps tomorrow.

Enjoy your last day of chilling πŸ™‚

Miss Cohen