Halloween Week

I learned about Self Questioning. This means when you are reading a book and you’re not sure what something means you ask yourself a question.  You can work out the answer using clues in the book. (Noor Dekkak)

I learned how to make Play-doh. I wrote a recipe but I also used my numeracy skills to measure  the ingredients. (Aisha Hanif)

I learned about PATHS. This is part of health and wellbeing and it teaches us about our emotions. (Sarim Malik, Noor Dekkak)

I learned spelling words with ‘ph’ in them (Muhammad Mehboob)

I made a pumpkin lantern with a jar and we put a candle inside. (Sofia Zamir)

I learned about place value using tens and units. (Nimrah Ali)

We watched a short movie called ‘Spy Fox’. I then had to summarise the story, this means we tell the story in our own words and just tell the important parts. (Haleems Fatima)

I learned how to do subtraction chimney sums. (Aisha Afzal)

We learned about Anna and Simeon who held baby Jesus in the temple. (Jasim Al-Mayyahi, Hamza Alam, Sanjog Singh)

I learned how to used a dictionary. I looked for Halloween words and wrote the meaning in my jotter. (Hamza Alam)

Play-doh recipe

2 thoughts on “Halloween Week”

1. I enjoyed making play-doh because I got to do all the measurements my self I was very proud, I shared the play-doh and I learned how to work in a group.