As part of our ongoing work on anti-bullying matters, all S3 pupils participated in workshops this week looking specifically at cyberbullying.
Led by the Fife Digital Learning Team, the sessions focused on the impact cyberbullying can have on an individual; encouraged pupils to discuss the impact, and asked our young people how the cyberbullying could be stopped.
These sessions really made our young people think about their own and others online behaviour.
Further advice about this matter can be found on the CEOPs supported website, Think U Know.
The S2 Business Enrichment classes would like to take the opportunity to ‘thank’ everyone who took part in last week’s events to promote Mental Health Awareness Week.
Special ‘thanks’ go to all of the staff – Ms Pour, Mr Ajeda, Mrs Jeffrey, Ms McArthur, Mr Lambrou, Mr Cameron, Mr McCarron, Mr Robb, Dr Sugden and Ms Stuart – who took part in the “Soak a teacher” event. Everyone was fantastic!
The event raised a magnificent £784.90 which will now be divided between SAMH and CAMHS, two mental health charities.
Miss J. Hughes, Miss E. Thomson & Miss C. Thomson
[Faculty of Technologies]
Next week will see the school mark “Mental Health Awareness Week”. This year, all of the S2 Business Enrichment classes are working together to raise awareness of and money for local mental health charities.
The S2 classes have put the following programme together:
- Non-uniform Day on Friday, 17th May. Donations (£1) will be collected during period 1.
- Fundraising games and stalls in the Conference Room during lunchtime next Friday.
- A lesson has been prepared for Social Education classes.
- Pupils will be asked to complete surveys about their mental health.
- All pupils in S1-S3 will attend an assembly hosted by SAMH, a national mental health charity.
If you would like to support the programme in any way, please contact Miss Thomson (Business), Miss Hughes (Business) or Miss Thomson (CDT).