15th May 2020 (part 2)

Mrs Dunnett and Mrs Duncan received lots of emails about learning together at home this week . We thought it would be easier to  split the blog post in to two parts. Please continue to share with us at balmullops.enquiries@fife.gov.uk and advise if you would prefer us not to post on the blog.

Roman, Billy, Macy and Frankie all sent in photos showing that they are developing their fine motor and pencil control as they write their names, draw shapes, paint and design pictures. We can see you are really concentrating great work!

I can explore making shapes, patterns and symbols. I can recognise, copy , continue and create patterns with left to right tracking.  Personal Learning Plan  Early Level Writing Lit 0.21b

I can make marks and symbols on paper and other surfaces to represent some of my ideas communicate information. Personal Learning Plan  Early Level Writing Lit 0.9b,26a,31a.

What a great variety of tools and surfaces being used! We also had  models and collage creations (manipulating the small pieces will help develop our fine motor skills too).

Cooking skills

Lots of yummy cooking happening in Balmullo – it is making Mrs Dunnett and Mrs Duncan have rumbling tummies!!!

Look at this junk box kitchen! Mum shared. “She used an egg box as the microwave and cut out paper carrots and peas to cook in the paper pots.”

Delicious pizza! Having fun whilst developing

• motor skills
  • numeracy  skills counting, weighing , using a timer, sequencing
  • literacy skills reading recipes, language to describe actions-rolling, stirring, measuring, describe taste and texture
  • health and wellbeing discussing where food comes from and healthy eating.

Planting

We had lots of budding gardeners this week. Personal Learning Plan. Science I have helped to grow plants and can begin to name their basic parts. I can talk about how thay grow and what I need to do to look after them. SCN03a.

Has anyone started a height chart for their plants? (Blog post 01/05/20).

VE Day Rememberence

Learning about our past.   Personal Learning Plan.  People, past events and societies . I am aware that different types of evidence can help me find out about the past. SOCo1a

Celebrating with homemade bunting and a lovely picnic.

Bookbug at home – lovely! Is that Mrs Duncan on the television?