Adopted Supers

As the world waits for the return of the famous Pixar heroes teaser posters have started to be released. But from the Incredibles promotional posters I have noticed something. Something big, something that could tear the whole franchise apart.

Ears.

Let me explain, whilst looking at the posters for facts for my last article about the good and bad things in the Incredibles 2 I discovered something off. As I usually do I had a nerdy YouTube video playing in the background, the one I was listening to was MatPat an American YouTuber explaining how Rosalina a fictional character from the Super Mario series was Peach’s and Mario’s daughter. One of the ways he confirmed this was by looking at her ears. Peach and Mario both have attached earlobes and so does Rosalina. Coincidence? Maybe, but according to some studies if your parents both have attached earlobes all children they have should also have attached earlobes. So just out of curiosity I quickly had a look at the Incredibles family and what I expected was for them all to have detached as that is the common type but no.

Elastigirl has attached ears that connect directly to her face. This means she only carries the recessive trait of attached ears. Ad for Mr. Incredible he also has attached ears meaning he also carries the recessive trait.

But somehow all 3 of the children have detached ears. This isn’t possible as neither of the parents carry the dominant trait of detached ears. Are they adopted? Some people say that very rarely two parents like Elastigirl and Bob can have a child with detached ears but for all three children to have rare ears? Pretty much impossible.

So are they adopted? Maybe…I may come back to this in the near future when I have more information. I know you wait with held breath.

By LOUISE CADE