SECOND LEVEL TECHNOLOGIES
Experiences and Outcomes Benchmarks
Organiser – Technological Developments in Society and Business Gives examples of how our changing lifestyles have impacted on product design
Awareness of technological developments (Past, Present and Future),
including how they work
I can investigate how product design and development have been influenced by changing lifestyles.

TCH 2-05a

Links to: Social Studies – People, Past Events & Societies SOC 2-01a, People, Society, Economy & Business SOC 2-15a

Progression

Through a range of contexts across my learning, I can/am able to Through a range of contexts across my learning, I can/am able to Through a range of contexts across my learning, I can/am able to
Investigate & show how the design process is used to create the products, objects & technologies around me e.g. follow the journey of an everyday product from design to manufacture.

Talk about the links between a design brief & the target audience who will buy the product or technology being designed.

Investigate & show how peoples’ lifestyles have changed the design of products, objects & technologies around them e.g. the evolution of clocks & watches toward wrist devices which also track fitness.

Write, draw or show how the invention of new power sources, materials or fashions have changed product design & development.

Investigate & show how peoples’ lifestyles & trends have changed the design of the products, objects & technologies around them e.g. study the evolution of a product, object or piece of technology which is important in my life or in society.