School Life as Angus

Just another blogs.glowscotland.org.uk – Falkirk site

Our Residential Trip to Belmont!

Wednesday 1st March

hi! I know you are probably expecting me to tell you all about my trip, (duuh the clue is in the title!) ,but another important subject needs to be discussed. I promised to tell you all about how our French Restaurant went! Primary 5B came up to our class and we served them delicious fancy French food made of paper. Most of the diners were polite but SOME people were RUDE, but for a laugh! Anyway, the whole experience was lovely and I had a blast.

Belmont!

Monday 6th – Friday 10th March

When we arrived off the bus, we walked to our dorms with one of the tutors. In our dorm it was all the boys in my class. In our section of the room it was Kyle, Regan, Nathan and I. We had lots of laughs and jokes in our dorm.

Our first activity was team building and we got to get to know everyone in our group. I was in group 5. After that we went to the Pole Climb. I used a go pro to film going up the pole and jumping off. This was one of my favourite activities. Our night activity was a giant game of Snakes and Ladders, which turned into a scavenger hunt.

On Tuesday morning, we did Archery, which I was surprisingly good at! I almost got a bullseye! Once when I shot my arrow, it pinged away into a farmer’s field! After lunch we did the Flying Fox and I LOVED IT! You could see all of Belmont from up there! After dinner, we went on the Night Walk. Me and Ged walked together. We told ghost stories and I fell over a log.

When I woke up on Wednesday, I was so excited because I was going to the Den. We went on a mini bus for 10 – 15 minutes. At the Den we played camouflage, looked at nature and played in the river. We got so muddy we had to change before the next activity!

After lunch we did problem solving which was fun. It tested our honesty because if we touched the rope we had to start again, but if you didn’t say you touched it, the whole group had to start over.

When we finished problem solving, we pulled on our waterproofs and walked over to the Nightline. This was my favourite activity because it was different from all the other activities. You were blindfolded and you did an obstacle course in the woods. I fell over so many times!

Once dinner was over, we did the egg challenge. We got into groups and made an egg carrier for our eggs. Mine was named Yolka and she survived falling off the flying fox. Yay!

Once our dorm had awoken from slumber, it was time for breakfast. It was sausage and egg. Yum. Mohawk Walk was next. I paired up with LT and it was hilarious! I fell of the wire! HOW? I was the only one in my group who fell of the wire. Radio Rescue was one of my favourite activities. I was in base and I used a radio to contact the rest of my team to tell them the coordinates to find treasure like Wilson the mannequin. Our next activity was Living Outdoors. We made dens, cooked bread, toasted marshmallows, started fires and had fun!

Disco

Thursday was disco night! We all had so much fun at the disco! They had great music like Twenty One Pilots, but also cringy music like PPAP. Me, Ged and Charlie played tig in the middle of the disco which was a stupid idea but also fun!

Friday, our last day.

On Friday morning g we did orienteering and ate jam that someone from my group took from the dinner hall. Brooke named her jam Pete.

We did a review and all said something nice about everyone which was a good idea. we said all our goodbyes and of we went home.

If you want to see photos, check out my video!

https://youtu.be/U0VDkCGBM7M