School Life as Angus

Just another blogs.glowscotland.org.uk – Falkirk site

Wednesday 15th – Wednesday 1st

Hi! It’s been a while since I wrote last, so you will have a lot to catch up on!

Planets in our Solar System

In our space project, we have been learning about inside our Solar System. The Rocky Planets are closest to the sun. They are Mercury, Venus, Earth and Mars. The Rocky Planets are the 4 smallest planets. There used to be 5 of these planets, but in 2006, Pluto didn’t make the cut for the new classifications for the planets. Pluto was even further away than Neptune!

The next type of planets are the Gas Giants. These planets are made of gas and chemicals pulled in by it’s gravitational pull. These planets are called Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune.

Our French Restaurant

In P7s we are learning lots of French grammar, for our restaurant! We have crafted lots of food out of tissue paper and paint, to supply our kitchen for the restaurant, because P5 are coming to have dinner today! In the next few posts expect to hear about how it went.

Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone

I was so happy when I found out that we were doing Harry Potter, because it is my favourite book. We have been reading 1-2 chapters every day, and also doing lessons related to Harry Potter! We even made our own wands! Madison, Kyle and I drew Mr Ollivander and put him on the wall display. We are reading this for Literacy Week and we haven’t finished the book yet, I cant wait to finish it!