February 15th – March 1st

Planets

Hi, I have a lot to tell you because our class hasn’t done blogs in a while, lets get started. On Wednesday the 15th, the class and I started researching Gas Planets, Rocky Planets and Dwarf Planets. It was really fun measuring the distance between planets if the were shrunk down into millimetre sizes. When we shrunk the Planets and Dwarf Planets into millimetre diameters the Sun was only a meter in diameter. Crazy right. We did posters and artwork on this subject for the corridor outside our classroom. 

French Restaurant

Over the course of two weeks the class and I have been busy working on a French restaurant, we prepared fake meals, made from paper cardboard and paint. We will be presenting these dishes to the P5s later this afternoon, some of us will be waiters and some of us will be dining with the P5s. make sure to check my next Blog post to see how it went.

Harry Potter – Literacy Week

This is week is literacy week, we started reading the first Harry Potter novel, we created wands and boxes for our Ollivander shop window display. We got to decide The Core, The Wood and The Length of our wands, we made our wands from ruler length straws and tissue paper. Here is a picture of my class and our wands.