March 22nd – March 28th

Hi, on Monday 27th my class and I started learning about space travel. We learnt about the International Space Station (ISS,) Tim Peake, how to do things in zero gravity, the Challenger and the Columbus Space Shuttles. My favourite part of it all was learning about zero gravity because I would love to enter zero gravity and learn how to do things without being glued to the ground. I also loved learning about Tim Peake and how had stayed on the ISS for six months, that’s quite a long time. After that we went on to talk about how the Columbus and the Challenger failed, we watched videos showing them blow up mid-air. It’s really cool you should try and find it on YouTube.

French Counting

Since Wednesday 22nd my class have been counting up to 70 in French but there’s a catch every time we do it we time our selves and see if we can beat our previous time.  The first time we did it we got  1 minute 22 seconds, the second time we did it we got 1 minute 24 second, the third time we did it we got 1 minute 17 seconds and the fourth time we did it we got 1 minute 4 seconds, were slowly improving.

Responsibility Group Meeting

On Monday 27th every Responsibility Group had a meeting and since I’m an Ambassador, we planned a part for every one to have a job at some point in the term. We didn’t have much to talk about because we planned ahead months ago.

March 1st – March 10th

Hi, on the 1st of March my class and I preformed a French Restaurant for the Primary 5s. I was waiter for table 4. We served thing like chicken, fish, soup, salad, chocolate cake and many more (these were cardboard dishes.) I had 5 people at my table and it was really hard to remember everyone’s specific order because they all wanted different things. In the kitchen/area, there wasn’t enough chicken se we had to serve some people fish instead. Being a waiter is hard.

March 6th -March 10th

On March the 6th the two primary 7 classes went to Belmont, our residential. Everyday we got 4 meals. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Supper. We got the choice of a cooked Breakfast or cereal every morning but Lunch and Dinner were never the same, meanwhile Supper was either sandwiches or biscuits with hot chocolate. Supper was my favourite. We did 3 activities everyday and 1 night activity every night. The day activities included, the flying fox, the tree climb, Orienteering, the night line and lots more. The archery and the night line were my favourites. We slept in dorms and everyone from my class was in mine, I shared an area of the dorm with my friends Melissa, Greer and Charlotte, we also had a dorm teacher, on the first half of the week we had Mrs McKean and on the second half we had Miss Hallam. Every night our dorm teacher gathered us around one part if the dorm to discuss our favourite part of the day. This was probably my favourite part of the day. On the Thursday we had a disco with all the other schools who were there, it was from 7:30pm to 9:00pm. It was really fun! here is a link to a short clip of some of the things we got up to. Enjoy!!!

https://youtu.be/OW-bTTgq7Z0

February 15th – March 1st

Planets

Hi, I have a lot to tell you because our class hasn’t done blogs in a while, lets get started. On Wednesday the 15th, the class and I started researching Gas Planets, Rocky Planets and Dwarf Planets. It was really fun measuring the distance between planets if the were shrunk down into millimetre sizes. When we shrunk the Planets and Dwarf Planets into millimetre diameters the Sun was only a meter in diameter. Crazy right. We did posters and artwork on this subject for the corridor outside our classroom. 

French Restaurant

Over the course of two weeks the class and I have been busy working on a French restaurant, we prepared fake meals, made from paper cardboard and paint. We will be presenting these dishes to the P5s later this afternoon, some of us will be waiters and some of us will be dining with the P5s. make sure to check my next Blog post to see how it went.

Harry Potter – Literacy Week

This is week is literacy week, we started reading the first Harry Potter novel, we created wands and boxes for our Ollivander shop window display. We got to decide The Core, The Wood and The Length of our wands, we made our wands from ruler length straws and tissue paper. Here is a picture of my class and our wands.