Greer's Learning Hub

Just another blogs.glowscotland.org.uk – Falkirk site

Friday 5th- Tuesday 9th

Hi! It has been quite a while since my last blog…. So I have quite a lot to talk about.

Class Talk

We have started a new thing where we are making an atlas with every single county inside. So, Miss Stobie typed up all the countries and put them into a red box and every Friday we have to pick a country out. My first country was Vatican City. At first I had no clue what it was! I researched it and on Friday I was really confident speaking about it. This Friday I am speaking about Denmark. Hopefully it goes well!

High School

On Monday we were having an induction day at the High School. I was really excited and it was really fun. At 8am my friends and I walked up and was there for 8:30. When school started we headed into the assembly hall to get given our stickers which had what we were doing today and our lunch cards. I found out in was in Carron which is one of the houses. We went round different classes and got told the things they did. We also had a tour. The food was GREAT! For lunch I had a Panini and cake! YUM!  There was some entertainment and Mr Cockburn’s awful jokes! The school finished a bit earlier than our school does. It finished at 14:40 instead of 15:15. It was really fun!

Library

On Tuesday we went to the library in the afternoon. We learned about Grangemouth’s history by a man named Jeff.  We learned about Grangemouth’s airport that used to be here during the war.We made paper planes and had a race to see who’s went the furthest.