Greer's Learning Hub

Just another blogs.glowscotland.org.uk – Falkirk site

Belmont 2017!

BELMONT 2017

Belmont was amazing! Our first day was very tiring but great. After we had got of the bus and given our suitcases we got told which dorms we were going to be in. I was in Glamis 1 with the girls in my class. Our dorm teacher was Mrs McKean which all the girls were very happy about! We just kept the dorms to classes. I was sharing a bunk with Mel but Charlotte, Katie Mel and I were separate to all the other girls which was fun. We were getting unpacked until we had been called to go to the Assembly Hall to find out our groups. I was in Group 7. From Moray, there was Nathan, Daud, Claire and I. From Bowhouse, there was Limario, Tegan, Mark and Karina and then from Beancross was Gregor, Cameron and Ethan. Our instructor was Ewan and he was so fun!! We also had a volunteer from Canada called Zachary.Our first activity was the Crate Climb. It was a really good activity but REALLY wobbly! I had got 8 and a half crates high because they all had fallen down at one point.Karina was amazing at it and got 12 crates high!We then headed straight for dinner and afterwards had our night time activity. We mixed groups and played a game called Pirates and Travellers which was fun.Every night we always went to our classroom and wrote in our diaries. After classroom everyone was excited for hot chocolate at supper.It was yum! We just went straight back into our dorms after supper and all got into our jammies! Our lights were off at 10:30 and to be SILENT 11:00 I think!

All the days were mostly the same but different activities. My favourite activity was the Pole Climb but I was really nervous at first but I was so proud of myself that I had done it. The aim of the Pole Climb was to climb up a tall pole and jump of and hit the ball and then float down to the ground. You had to put all of your trust in your group because they were the ones holding the ropes!

This shows what it looks like at the top of the Pole! my first try I jumped off and never hit the ball but the second time I did which was a great achievement for me.

DISCO

The disco was so fun. All the girls had there make-up on and very so excited. We all had great fun! They played Twenty-One Pilots which is my favourite band which was amazing. During the disco each school got called to supper and then went back. We had a dance off between the schools to the song ‘Juju on Dat Beat’ which is like the in song right now!

Last Day

On our last day everyone was really sad because we wouldn’t be seeing each other for another 3 and a half months. We got ready for our first activity which was Tree Climb. Only 4 people out of 11 rang the bell at the top of the tree which was 12 meters high! When it was my turn I was really nervous so I set myself a goal which was 8 meters high. It was really nerve-racking climbing because the wooden blocks you needed to stand on and hold on to were really small and hard to grip onto. I got to 8 meters and achieved my goal which I was proud of.We went and had lunch before saying goodbye to our leaders and friends from other schools. It was great to get home and see our families!

I loved Belmont so much and made lots of new friends!! 🙂

Take a look at my Belmont video in the link below!

https://youtu.be/enaajppe7Dk