Friday 12th – Tuesday 16th

Hi, I’m only going to talk to you about a couple of things that I have done because it has only been a week since I last spoke to you

Friday 12th May 2017,

On Friday I did a talk on Comoros and I learnt a lot of new and interesting facts and one fact is the population is approximately 788,474. This week I am doing a talk on Equatorial Guinea so hope it goes well.

Monday 15th May 2017,

On Monday we all went to the High School for a science lesson and it was really fun. We  got into groups and my group was me, Regan, Madison and Kyraa. There was filled beakers each labelled with different percentages e.g. 0.5%, 1%, 2% and 3%. The higher the percentage the quicker the reaction happened, it was really cool and interesting.

Tuesday 16th May 2017,

On Tuesday my class and I had a bike ride to the Helix and the distance was about 6 kilometres. We had a total of 6 stops including lunch. One of the stops we learned about nature and how a bird keeps their chick alive. It was very interesting and very fun. After, we got into groups we got given a container and had to find insects and bugs. I really enjoyed it but it was really hard to find the bugs at first.

Friday 5th – Tuesday 9th

Hi, Its been a while since I have l wrote to you and a lot is happened so hope you enjoy 🙂

Friday 5th May 2017,

Class Talk

We  started a new thing where we are making a atlas with every single country inside so Miss Stobie  typed up all countries and put them in a red box. Every Friday we pick a country out the red box and do 1 minute fact file talk. I picked and got Trinidad and Tobago here is picture of the flag.

This Friday I am speaking about Comoros so hopefully it will go well. Here is picture of the flag.

Monday 8th May 2017,

High School

On Monday we were having an induction day at the High School. I was really excited and had a lot of fun. At 8am I walked to school and arrived at 8:30. We started walking to the assembly hall to get given our stickers for our house, form class and what we will be doing. We also got given our lunch cards. I found out I was in Avon which is the red house and I was happy because my dad was in Avon when he was little. We got a tour around all the different classes. Then after all the classes it was lunch and the food was amazing I had fish and chips with a cake and it was delicious. After lunch there was some entertainment and Mr Cockburn’s awful jokes. Then it was home time and we finished at 14:40

Tuesday 9th May 2017,

On Tuesday we went to the library for History week. We learned a lot of things that happened in the past. After that we made planes and they were very fun.

Thanks for reading and see you soon bye !!!!!!!!!!!!

My Easter Holidays!

Hi, we have been off school for two weeks because it was our Easter Holidays. I really enjoyed the Easter Holidays and can’t wait to tell you what I did over the Holidays.

The first week of the Easter holidays I went to my gymnastic camp. It was at a gymnastic club called Lasswade in Edinburgh and the gym was in a High School. I was really excited to go because I had never been before and I looked at some of the pictures and it looked so cool. It started at 9:00am and finished at 4:00pm. We did a lot of training and I learned a lot of new skills. After there was a level 1 training course for adults who want to be a coach. We demonstrated skills and the coaches supported us to know where to support. After the camp and the training course we all got Easter eggs and got free play.

Easter Day !!!

On Easter all my family came over and my grandad from England came over and that was a nice surprise. We had a Easter egg hunt around the whole estate. It was very fun and I really enjoyed my Easter Holidays

Wednesday 22nd – Wednesday 29th

Friday 24th March 2017,

Red Nose

Last Friday was Red Nose Day, so at school, we had dress down with a touch of red. We raised exactly £283.25 and my favourite red nose was DJ Boogle.

Tuesday 28th March 2017,

Space

In our topic, we were learning about space shuttles that ended in a disaster. We watched a video Challenger and Columbus exploding. We also watched videos on the ISS (International Space Station) doing things which we do really easily every day on Earth like Brushing your teeth, Going to sleep and Washing your hair. We also learned a lot about Tim Peake and it was really interesting. We also took a quiz to see if we had what it would take to be a astronaut.

Tuesday 28th March 2017,

P:E

This Week I Really enjoyed P:E and because it was are last week before the Easter Holidays  we had our Reward lesson and we did Dogeball. It was a close game but we won by 1 point.

This was my week and thank you for reading it.

15th March – 22nd March

16th March 2017,

On Thursday we had a competition to see which 4 pupils would go through to the Rotary Quiz  against Beancross and Bowhouse. They were 8 categories some were Science and Technonagy , Scotland and Its People and much more variety. The 4 people that were chosen were Angus, Greer, Charlotte and James. Angus, Charlotte and James got a total of 46 points and Greer got total of 40 points. I also got a total of 31 points and the quiz was really fun.

17th March 2017,

Competition Day!!!!!!!

On Friday it was competition day and it was very intense but are hard work payed off and Bowhouse came 3rd, Beancross came 2nd and Moray came 1st. GO MORAY !!!!!

Monday 20th March 2017,

Constellations

This week we have been learning all about constellations. They’re 88 named constellations and some of the most known ones are Hercules, Draco and Pegasus. After we finished learning about constellations we even made are own constellations and that was really fun.

Tuesday 21st March 2017,

Math Games

The platinum group made math games for us to play. They had to include percentages in their games. The games were really fun and competitive.

Belmont 2017!!!

Our residential trip

Hi! Today I’m going to talk to you today about Belmont and it was amazing and can’t wait to tell you all about it.

Monday 6th March 2017,

Monday we arrived at school at 8:50am at the assembly hall. At 9:30am we got on the bus and waved off our family goodbye and then the bus was off. I sat beside  Angus and we played games and chatted. After 1 hour and a half we arrived and I was so excited. When we got out the bus and got our luggage we went straight to our dorms and our dorm was Glamis. We dropped are luggage of at the dorms and the went straight to the assembly hall. When we went to assembly we found out our groups and my group were me, Lara, Aaliyah, Conner, Aiden, Amy, Cathrin, Cameron B, Cameron S, Mason and Derek. Then we got into our groups and had a tour around Belmont and we also had the best instructor Kev and Nicky. Then we had lunch and I had Mac & Cheese. After lunch we had our first activity orienteering and that was fun. then we had our night activity which was pirates and Travellers.

Tuesday 7th March 2017,

Tuesday was our first proper day and first we had breakfast first and then we went to our first activity LOD.

Living Out Doors was really good and we did a lot of things and I  even learned a lot of new things. We also roasted marshmallows and they were very delicious!!!!!!!

Radio Rescue was fun and exciting  and I liked that we got to go to different places to find the pieces so we could find Wilson (The Headless man)

Pole Climb was one of my favourite activities I did and I also got to the top and hit the ball

Wednesday 8th March 2017,

Archery was also another favourite of mine and I thought I did quite good but it was freezing and cold  so we went to the cafeteria  and got lots of hot chocolate.

Tree Climb was also my favourite and it was 12 meters and I rang the bell

YME was also really good and at the end we got lemon cake

Thursday 9th March 2017,

We did Flying Fox and it was really fun and that was also one of my favourite activities. Later that night we had the disco and I made lots of new friends and it was a good night and we even had dance battles to Juju On Dat Beat.

Here is a link to My 2017 Belmont Movie

https://youtu.be/8hOUqvenf3E

15th February – 1st March

15th February 2017,

Hi!, I am very exited to tell you about what I have done for the past two weeks so lets get started.

Planets and Dwarf Planets

Throughout the weeks we have been learning about Space . Our main focus over the past few weeks have been our Planets in the Solar System. Firstly, we learned about the Rocky Planets and they are Mercury, Venus, Earth and Mars. Which means they are the closest planet to the sun. Secondly, we learned the Gas Planets and they are Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune and it was really fun learning lots of facts about the planets. Thirdly, we learned about Dwarf Planets and there are Eris, Pluto, Haumea, Makemake and Ceres. We also had homework and had to make a Solar System fact file.

18th February 2017,

French Restaurant

We have been doing a lot of French lately so we decided to make a French restaurant. Everyone has  made menus and meals. Today the P5s are coming to our French restaurant to try our delicious meals so I hope the enjoy it!

20th February 2017,

Harry Potter

For Literacy Week  we have been reading Harry Potter and it has been really fun. We have made wands and boxes for our Ollivander shop window display. Here is a picture of my class with our wands.

Here is another picture of Ollivander which Angus, Madison and I made.

Monday 6th – Wednesday 8th

Monday 6th February 2017,

Ghost Tower

Hi! On Monday we read the last Chapter of Ghost Tower by Andrew G Taylor. It was very exciting and always left a cliff hanger so I really wanted to know what would happen next. I would really recommend this to people that like Sci-Fi/Horror fiction books but I thought it  was quite predictable at the end of some of the chapters. After the end of the chapter we got split into groups and we had to make freeze frames about the book. Here is a link to Fiction Express. http://schools.fictionexpress.co.uk/en

Here is picture with our group.

20170206_151312

Tuesday 7th  January 2017

Galaxies

Yesterday we got split into groups to learn about different types of galaxies. I was in a group with Angus and Katie. We got given a picture to do a See, Think and Wonder task. After we completed the task we shared with the class our See, Think and Wonders.

ngc-1232

Tuesday 7th February 2017

What I Enjoyed This Week

Yesterday at P.E. we played animal bench ball with Miss Clarkson and it was really fun because she also put music on. I really liked our group and we all did really well.

Start of Space Topic

Monday 30th 2017,

Start of Space

Hi! Today we are starting our Space topic . We were talking about the Big Bang Theory and I learned a lot of new facts. The Big Bang happened 13.8 billion years ago. If the  Big Bang didn’t happen we wouldn’t be here today.

Wednesday 1st 2017,

The Scale Of The Universe 2

Today we went to ICT and learned more about Space. We learned how big the universe is and it is really big. This is the website we used http://htwins.net/scale2/

milky-way

Here  is a picture of our Milky Way galaxy.