This Webinar gives an excellent overview of assessment of children with complex needs.
Insight – A new approach to the Assessment of Children with Complex Needs
Today (1/12/2016) at 1530!
Click here to access the Webinar
If you can’t attend today, they archive them so you can watch them later. Archived Webinars from Inclusive Technology
Duration: 60 Min
Today in special education we have high aspirations for all our students, including those with the most complex needs. We understand the importance of robust assessment in helping identify barriers to learning, in evaluating teaching effectiveness and in raising achievements and standards.
Many will recognise the inadequacies of current assessment provision for students working below the standard of national curriculum tests (or core standards), particularly those not engaged in subject based learning.
This webinar will describe the current issues facing students with complex needs and their educators, from our own research and that of others.
We will detail the background, theory and structure of Insight – a tool built to bring a revolutionary approach to the assessment of children with complex needs.
In this webinar we will show you videos and real case studies to demonstrate:
- A wealth of engaging activities focusing on early development in vision and cognition, the foundations for further learning.
- Specific learning goals and accurate, objective measurement and analysis of skills.
- Meaningful reports to support evidence of attainment and progress over time.
Aimed at: All professionals working in special education and specifically those working with students with complex learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Participants will be able to define 7 current areas of need for students with complex needs and their educators.
- Participants will be able to define 2 main innovative technologies used to deliver a new approach to assessment.
- Participants will be able to state 8 key learning goals for early development.
- Participants will be able to define 4 functional vision skills and how to measure them.
- Participants will be able to state 10 unique types of behaviour analysis given in insight’s reports.
Sandra Thistlethwaite – Product Development Director, Inclusive Technology
Sandra is a qualified Speech and Language Therapist who started her career working for the NHS over 25 years ago. She has worked mainly with children and young adults with special educational needs and disabilities and went on to become an AT/AAC assessment and training consultant for the ACE Centre, a national charity for people with complex communication and access needs. Sandra joined Inclusive Technology in 2007 to help form the Information, Training and Consultancy teams and is now Director of Product Development. She has been involved in the creation and development of many of IT’s more recent products, including the concept and design for Eye Gaze Foundations and the Eye Gaze Learning Curve software series.