My learning log on Australia

Hi I’m going to tell you a bit about Australia.

Capital of  New South Wales is Sydney. Capital of Victoria is Melbourne. Capital of Western  Australia is Perth. Capital of the Northern Territories is Darwin and last Capital of Queensland is Brisbane.

Facts = Australia is one of the biggest countries – Australians are called Aussies – when it is Winter in the UK, it is Summer in Australia, so Aussies celebrate Christmas on the Beach!!!!!

I’m going to tell you some of Australia’s animals.  There is kangaroos, wallabies, koalas, Tasmanian wolfs, Tasmanian devils ,wombat and the duck bill platypus are all mammals. The duck bill  platypus is the only mammal to lay eggs.

Now I’m going to tell you a bit about Cook the founder of Australia. In 1769, lieutenant James Cook in command of the HMS Endeavour, traveled to Tahiti to observe and record of the transit of Venus.  he was on a another mission, sent by the Admiralty his instructions were to find a southern Continent. On 19Th of April 1770 the crew sighted the east cost of Australia.

Hears some Australia geography.This lot is on the grate barrier reef. Its 1,205 miles at a off shore distance ranging from 10 to 100 miles. The great Barrier reef is located just off Queensland in the coral sea. Australia is located in the southern hemisphere, meaning its on the bottom half of the world. That’s why it’s sometimes called Down Under!

Hers some facts on the didgeridoo. The didgeridoo is the worlds oldest musical instrument. It is made a hollow peice of wood. The Didgeridoo is the sound of Australia.

3 Responses to “My learning log on Australia”

• Well done on finding out all that information about Australia and putting it in your own words. Christmas on the beach sounds better than a cold winter’s day in Scotland.

Keep Blogging.

• Well done Cameron -I have learned a lot about Australia from your article. What I like most of all is that you have clearly used your own words and not just copied from websites-excellent work!

• this is soso cool