Max in the Middle

Hi everybody! Sorry if you are not very happy with me not putting any posts on lately. I have been really busy so I have not had the time. Anyway, all week we have been doing a project called Max in the Middle. Two people called Ash (a woman) and Lawrence (a man) came in and done all sorts of drama, dancing and stuff. Here is callendar of the events…

Monday

Today was the first day of Max in the Middle. Ash made up cool names for all the days and todays was Meeting Monday. Today we done lots of drama. We played cool games like the zombie game. For the zombie game everyone went in a circle and one person went in the middle. The person in the middle had to walk towards someone on the outside while acting like a zombie ( like walking slow and going uhhh). The person the ‘zombie’ was walking towards had to say someone else in the class’s name three times before the ‘zombie’ got to them. At the end of the day we had a sticker nomination. Five people in the class chose someone who they thought had worked well and behaved well and deserved a sticker. I was nominated by Mrs V because I tried hard and listened.

Tuesday

Today was Tasty Tuesday because we made food. We made the food up till lunchtime. There was three different foods. They were called Fruity Crumble Tumble, Salmon Boats and Oat Cakes with Cheese (bet you can guess what that’s made of!). I made the Fruity Crumble Tumble but I only liked the Salmon Boats. Here is the recipe for Fruity Crumble Tumble…

How to Make Fruity Crumble Trumble

What you will need: A packet of berries

Rice Krispies

Chopped up Pears, Pineapples and Peaches

Yoghurt

Honey

Spoons

Knifes

Plastic Cups

2 Bowls

A Bag

A Rolling Pin

Method: 1. Pour the berries into the bag.

2. With a Rolling Pin, crush all the berries.

3. Now pour the berries into a bowl.

4. Put the berries aside and get out the yoghurt and honey.

5. Pour the yoghurt into the other bowl and add two spoonfuls of honey.

6. Stir till all lumps have disappeared.

7. Put it aside and move onto the pinapple, peaches and pears.

8. If the fruit is not completely chopped up then chop it up.

9. Get your plastic cup.

10. Put two spoonfuls of fruit at the bottom of the cup. Put the honey and yoghurt mixture on top followed by the Rice Krispies. Last of all put the berries on top.

11. Enjoy.

You might enjoy this healthy little snack but I didn’t really like it. I didn’t like it because the berries we used at school were really sour. After lunch we practised our first dance. It was to the song called Stuck in the Middle With You by Stealers Wheels. It was quite a slow dance but it still had a few hard moves. I didn’t get nominated for the sticker nomination because you could only get nominated once.                                                                                                                                           

Wednesday

Today was called Workout Wednesday because we had to work really hard to master the first dance and learn the second dance. The second dance was to Everybody Dance Now. It was much quicker and harder but was more fun. We also had to try and finish off the play so all we had to do was rehearse on Thursday.

Thursday

Today was thinking Thursday because we had to finish off what we were going to do in our performance and put the performance together, then rehearse it. It was hard work and I began to think we would never perform the show because a lot of people were chatting and making silly comments. Eventually we put all the bits together and made our performance! 😉  We then had to rehearse because Ash and Lawrence wanted our show to be good. I was so excited because we were doing our show tomorrow!

Friday

Today was called Finale Friday because…it was the day of our performance! 🙂 😉 We performed all morning and I was so excited because we were going to do the show in front of our buddies and parents! I began to feel nervous though. The show went really well and everyone got a sticker after it. My mum and dad said they were really proud of me. 😉 I think I might just do a post about it on our class blog. 

That’s all I have to say for now. Remember and comment!!!!!         

5 Responses to “Max in the Middle”

• Well done for all your hard work on max in the middle! It sounds like you had a great time! You wrote a good account of all the things you have been doing and I like the way you used the days of the weeks as headings. It made it very easy for me to follow and it was a very detailed account – including the recipe was a good idea.

Keep blogging! You are doing well.
    Charlene 🙂

• Hi Andrew,
    You have certainly made up for your lack of posts now. Great post!
    You class sound like it is a great place to learn and have fun. I’d like to watch the zombie game. I will also avoid any Crumble Trumble!

• Wow looks like you had a very busy and fun week. I hope Mrs V took part in the dancing.

Great post. Keep up the blogging.

• max in the middle is fun we did it at our school .. we also made the same food as you did 🙂 I had to serve it to the audience :/ we got to dance to ‘ man in the mirror ‘ we also did plays i think mines was in a cafe ? dunno ?
    did u do the challenges like ., the log walk i cnt remember wat its called but u had to help people get over the log to the other side . i liked tht good post

• Thx for the comment Jay. We didnt do any challenge things like u spoke of. My play was based on a TV show. Thx again for the comment! See ya!