FAQ

Educators

Pupils

What is Blended Learning?  

• Blended Learning is when a pupil will work in school for part of the time and at other times work from home. 

How much time should be spent working at home vs in school?  

• Each school will make its plans to best suit their pupils. It might suit some schools to have pupils in two or three days a week while some other schools may want pupils in for a whole week and then off for a week. 
  • If you are self-isolating, the school will communicate any planned work and live-time interaction.  
  • You will be informed by your school what their plans are if they have to move to blended learning. 

How will I receive feedback?  

Feedback can take a variety of forms. This could include: 

• If you are working on TEAMS or GOOGLE CLASSROOM your teacher may write on the work you have submitted.  
  • The teacher may make an audio recording and upload this for you to hear. 
  • The teacher may contact you for an online discussion. 
  • The teacher may ask you to join a live meeting or tutorial 

How can I contact my teacher?  

This could take a variety of forms. This could include: 

• If you are a member of a TEAM or GOOGLE CLASS there will be a simple way to contact your teacher. Each school will explain how to do this. 
  • Some schools are using a QR code which allows you to message a teacher 

If I’m having problems accessing work, what do I do?  

• Contact your teacher – use the way that they have told you.  

Families

How can I check my child’s progress?  

• Each school will have arrangements to keep parents up to date with their child’s progress. The school will tell you what these are or you could check the school website for more information. 
  • Many schools use electronic report cards/tracking reports and email these to parents. It is likely that this will continue.  

Who should I contact if my child is struggling to engage with or access online materials?  

• Again, the school will inform you how to contact them. The website will have details on how to contact them – telephone number and email address. 
  • Some schools may want you to contact a Year Head. Others may want you to contact a Pastoral teacher. 
  • It is likely that schools will check in with identified pupils who they think may need extra support. 

How many hours per day should my child spend on home learning?  

• There is no one answer to this question. We would expect older pupils to be working longer than younger pupils.  
  • Families also need to balance schoolwork with their child’s wellbeing. This means that you need to ensure your children have time to themselves, exercise and other activities such as help around the house.  
  • The school will oversee the work that is set to make sure pupils are getting the right amount of work. 

Educators

Please click here to access the Educator site.