Write a song or rap to help deliver a strong e-safety message and promote positive uses of technology
Help celebrate great uses of the Internet and mobile technology, and promote tips for keeping safe online and in using mobile devices.
You can find e-safety advice and guides here which might help choose the messages you wish to include in your song or rap:
Who can enter
Children and young people who live in the Forth Valley area or who attend schools within the Forth Valley E-safety partnership area (Clackmannan Council, Falkirk Council and Stirling Council areas) in the following categories:
Entries can be from individuals or groups of children and young people – in the event of the group being of different ages the entry must be in the category for the eldest member of the group.
How to enter
What’s most important is the message and not the medium. Entries can be in whatever form is easiest for you. Entries can be in written form such as sheet music style (to include words and melody, text and music notation), or an audio recording, or a video recording (though images must not include faces).
Send your entry (or a link to your entry if stored online elsewhere) via email to CEP@glowmail.org.uk. This may be a link to the audio or video hosted elsewhere such as SoundCloud or YouTube. Make sure you include details of the names of who created the song or rap, the age category, and where you’re from (school name or area in the Forth Valley area).
What you’ll win
Winning songs will be recorded by Rock the Talk. Winners will also get to meet local “The Voice” television show singer Stevie McCrorie. And there will be other exciting prizes.
Deadline for entries
Launch is Safer Internet Day 2015 on February 10 with deadline for entries being received being 31 March 2015
How your song will be judged
After the deadline the judging panel will select a winner in each category and all entrants will be advised of the outcome of the judging process.
How your song will be shared after the deadline
All songs which meet the criteria of promoting positive uses of the Internet and delivering an e-safety message will be shared in a public online space and will include the names of the writers and their school/area
Terms and conditions
- All entries must be received no later than the closing date of 31 March 2015.
- All entrants must be living in the Forth Valley area or from schools within the Forth Valley e-safety Partnership area (Clackmannan Council, Falkirk Council, and Stirling Council areas).
- Material submitted must be the original work of the children or young people entering the competition, should not have been previously entered in any competition and should not infringe any copyrights or any other rights of third parties.
- Songs may be written by groups of children or young people working collaboratively and must be entered in the category of the eldest child/young person in the group.
- Entries must include the names of all those who wrote the song, the category in which they are entering, the name of their school (or location area), and the full text of the song lyrics.
- Winning entries will be posted online following the outcome of the judging process. All songs which meet the criteria of promoting positive uses of the Internet and delivering an e-safety message will be shared in a public online space and will include the names of the writers and their school/area
- Entrants should keep a copy of their songs as entered material will not be returned.
- By entering the competition entrants accept the terms and conditions and agree that entries may be used by the Forth Valley e-safety Partnership for promotional purposes at no cost, which will include placing them online and promoting via various avenues. The rights and ownership of the songs will remain with the writers.
This competition is promoted by the Central E-Safety Partnership which covers the Forth Valley area of central Scotland.
Click on the following link to download the poster in Word format: EsafetyCompetitionPoster2015
Click on the following link to download the poster in pdf format