Outdoor Learning at Grangemouth High

At last, the Sun !

For the last two years we have been out canoeing/kayaking on Tuesday nights, from March. This year we only started last night,  the 14th of May.

But, it was worth the wait as the sun was lovely and warm and the wind dropped nicely. I was at a Literacy conference all day in Falkirk and kept looking out the window at the gusty winds thinking, “oh no another cancelled night”.

We launched at Woodcockdale near Linlithgow and headed into the wind to Muiravonside Aquaduct. Kim is in her own Kayak, she was keen to get her own after getting the buzz for it last September. She has progressed from going in a zig zag squigly line in September, to learning to Eskimo roll in a pool over the winter.

Last week I shot away after the bell to loch Ard, for a lovely sunset paddle, in a sea kayak. Warmest evening of the year I think.