The Writing Rammy is open to everyone, regardless of age or writing experience – everyone has a story in them!
Taking part is easy: all you need to do is write a short piece of original fiction or poetry on a theme of your choice and email it in.
About the Writing Rammy
- Simply send your entries to our dedicated email address, with your contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alternatively typed entries can be handed into any library in the Falkirk district by the closing date.
- Your entry should clearly state your name, age, address, tel. no, and email address or your school and form class.
- The word limit is 250 words for under 15s, or up to 500 words for 15 and over.
- The competition is open now and the closing date is Saturday 18th August 2018
- Please read the terms and conditions for the competition at: http://www.falkirkcommunitytrust.org/libraries/writing-rammy/writing-rammy-rules.aspx , or view them in your local library
Entries will be judged by a panel from the library service and a winner and runner up will be chosen in each of the following categories:
- 7 and under
- Best Family Entry
Winners will be announced mid- September and invited to a special winners’ ceremony on 11th October 2018 during National Libraries Week.
If pupils would like to participate, their class teacher can email in several entries at once, but please make sure each entry clearly states the pupil’s name, age and form class.