Making Magic move Animations to demonstrate learning – the iPad presentation creation app Keynote has a Magic Move tool which gives you the option to make objects appear to move around the screen when the presentation is set to play. So learners can readily create animated videos on an iPad using images which move, rotate, resize, rotate or change opacity – and these videos can be created to demonstrate a process or a sequence in any curricular area.
An iPad provides the facility to screen-record a video of whatever is shown on the iPad screen so that a Keynote presentation can be recorded as a video
Steps to using Magic Move in Keynote
- Open Keynote app on iPad and create a slide where you’ve added objects
- Click on the slide to which you are going to add a Magic Move transition, and click on the slide again, then click Transition.
- Click on “Magic Move” and choose “Yes” when you’re asked to duplicate the slide.
- Adjust the position, size, orientation or opacity of the objects on the duplicate slide.
- Click on the original slide in the slide navigator, then tap “Magic Move” and choose “Options” to set the duration for the transition, whether to start the transition automatically or when you click on a slide.
- Click on “Done” in the toolbar.
You can now preview your animation and adjust as required.
See the Sway presentation below for a host of how-to guides and examples shared by others where the Magic Move feature has been used.