The Child Protection Committee Covid Action Group was set up in March 2020.
What does the CPC Covid Action group do?
The group brings together the:
- Children’s Commission Improvement Group
- Child Protection Committee and Children’s Commission Data Groups
- The Learning Review Teams for Initial Case Reviews (ICR’s) and Significant Case Reviews (SCR’s)
The group oversees the Child Protection Committee Covid Action Plan and the Improvement plans for significant case reviews for Child D and Child F. The CPC Covid Action Plan informs Child Protection Committee, Commission Learning & Development Group and Commission GIRFEC Group.
Child Protection Committee Covid Action Plan
The CPC Covid Action Plan drives multi agency activity for change and improvement from local case file audits, self-evaluations, two recent Learning Together significant case reviews and from the Independent Care Review, outlined in The Promise report. Updates to national GIRFEC policy will also be reflected.
To read the plan click here CPC Covid Action Plan
Significant Case Review Improvement Plans
A significant case review (SCR), is a multi agency process initiated by chief officers and the child protection committee to learn from situations where a child has died or been significantly harmed through abuse or neglect. You can read the full improvement actions and summary of findings from our recent Reviews in the Child D and Child F improvement plans.
The SCR’s highlighted that:
- Services worked together skilfully when child protection concerns were clear
- Joint risk assessment and planning in cases that sit before or after the child protection system needed to be improved
- We need to develop professionals understanding of their collective responsibility to assess and address risk before child protection concerns emerge to ensure children do not sit in harmful situations for too long, particularly where neglect is a factor.
- Recording and sharing of information under GIRFEC processes needed to be consistent.
To read the Improvement plans click the links below:
if you want more information please contact email@example.com