Our Class Trip to the Hebridean Norsemen Exhibition

Last week we went on a school trip to Sgoil Lionacleit Museum to learn more about the Vikings because our topic this term is The Vikings. We saw the women’s clothes and replicas of combs and tools. After all the explanation was done we had to draw our favourite artefact. When we got there I thought I would be bored but I found the trip interesting.
By Luke (P7)

I think the trip to the museum was amazing. I really enjoyed it and it was very interesting. I learned that the Vikings used bones of dead animals to make things. My favourite part was learning how they made combs.
By Megan (P6)

Teach the Teacher!

Today and tomorrow we are doing a teach the teacher day. We learned quite a few things like drawing and knitting. It was really fun doing all of the activities put together by the other kids.

By Luke Primary 6

I was teaching my classmates/teacher how to  use a French knitter! I was teaching my teacher knitting but it took her a little time to do and get but she got there in the end with her growth mindset! I also put my classmates in groups.

By Dawn Primary 6

This morning I taught Miss Sneddon and the rest of the class how to draw fun cartoons which included a donut, a pizza and a lolly with faces. I did enjoy being the teacher for about ten minutes and I would do it again.

By Cara Primary 7

Room 6’s General Election 2017!

Last week we held a class election and created our own party in groups. Our teacher made a little polling station in the corner of our classroom so we could vote privately for the party we thought had the best manifesto. At the end of all the voting in the class the winning party with 6/10 votes was S.E.P which stands for, Stand for Equality Party. We learned what an Election is because some of us didn’t know what it was.
By Aimee P6

I enjoyed being the leader of a party and making promises. It was very fun doing the election. All of the parties had fun role-playing.
By Nicole P6

I liked my sunflower song at the end of my party’s campaign but Miss Sneddon was not recording so you won’t see it but it was amazing. I enjoyed that we got to be MPs for the day. I was a member of the winning party.
By Megan P5

Stand for Equality Party
Respect Western Isles National Party
Western Isles Party
How to Make Our Community Better (HTMOCB) Party

Our classroom Polling Station and Ballot Box!