I hope you are all staying safe and enjoying the lovely weather.
Let’s explore numbers and counting this week – here are some fun ideas to try at home or in the garden.Count how many red cars whizz past your window or how many you see when going for a walk? (Count blue cars too or pick your favourite colour to count.)
How many different shapes can you find in your home? Can you find circles, squares and triangles? Draw the shapes and write the number of objects you find beside them.Count out items into groups of five using favourite toys or crayons or socks!If you have chalk, draw out and play hopscotch. Have fun!
Click on the link below to watch the welcome video for children moving on to Busby Primary School
P1 Welcome Video
We have set a challenge for all of our families and staff to contribute to- with a shared goal of walking 500 miles. If every family and member of staff managed to walk 2 miles over the course of the week (starting from Monday 15th June), then we would reach our target!
What do we need you to do?
- plan a route together. This may be 2 miles all at one time or a series of shorter journeys.
- Take a photo or video clip of you completing your 2 mile walk (this should only be 10 seconds or less)
- We will use these photos and videos to create a whole school montage
- Wear something yellow and black for our ‘Buzbee’ theme
- Tweet us @BusbyPrimary using the #BPS500miles
Hopefully by Friday 19th June, we will reach our 500 mile target!
Here is our Weekly Share Sheet from Miss Lawson to let you know the latest news and offer more ideas of learning you can do at home
(to see it bigger, click on the green title).