Class of 2025c

—PRIMARY 3C—-MONTHLY BLOG—-East Renfrewshire site

May

Primary 3c have had a great month of May! We are super excited to share all the things we have enjoyed learning about. Check it out below!

Writing

We have written poems and imaginative pieces this month. The imaginative story writing is a favourite of P3c! We were allowed to write our own story about anything we wanted. Normally Miss Hillhouse would give us a planning page with ideas on it, but this week she didn’t, we had to do it all by ourselves. Some of us loved this, some found it very tricky, but we enjoy challenging ourselves and trying new things. When Miss Hillhouse was isolating we wrote a story called ‘Miss Hillhouse’s Day off’ about where we thought she really was. Some stories had her on the moon, on the beach, in some she was a spy, a cowgirl and an alien!

“I liked doing our imaginative stories, when we got to write our own story. I liked it because I found it fun and it isn’t the same as we usually do. My story was about cute bunnies.” Luca

“I enjoyed doing our imaginative story because I enjoyed it so such. Mine was about superheros saving the day! I found it easy to come up with my own ideas.” Daniel

“I liked my imaginative writing because you get to write about your own things but normally we write about an idea Miss Hillhoues gives us, but we had to come up with our own. I wrote about a magic fox.” Isabelle

“I’ve been doing very well in my writing. I also enjoyed sports day because I did very well in all the activities.” Nico

“Usually we don’t get to write about somebody in our class, but this time we did so we know lots about them already. I think it was really fun to write about Miss Hillhoues in different places and costumes. In my story she went to space!” Zac

“I liked using my imagination, my story was about a girl who lived in the jungle. I had to include punctuation and paragraphs.” Sarah A

Reading

Our class novel study is Fantastic Mr Fox, which we have been loving. We like the characters of Bean, Bunce and Boggis and the small foxes too! Each week we answer comprehension questions about the chapters, some of which are challenging. This month we have learned about cliff hangers and foreshadowing and how authors like Roald Dahl use these techniques in their writing. We have also been reading Matilda before lunch time or at the end of the day. We really like this story because the teachers and pupils are mad and crazy, reading this causes a lot of giggles as she’s a very mischievous little girl! We can’t imagine some of these things happening at St Cadoc’s!

“I liked reading Matilda because it is peaceful and relaxes my mind. It is actually funny because I don’t laugh that much but it makes me laugh.” Asher

“I liked reading Matilda because its a full class story and my favourite part was when the newt was in the water. It was funny when Miss Truntchable poured it all over herself!” Andrew

“I like mindfulness because we get a choice of what we want to do. It is relaxing, when I’m doing it I feel great!” Niamh

“I like learning about Fantastic Mr Fox it’s because in the workbooks and in the books its funny, and in the workbooks i like the activities.” Veer

“I like the word-search. The word-search was to do with Mr Fox, the words could be diagonal or vertical or horizontal. Some of the words were even going backwards which made it more hard.” Adam

We have been learning about multiplication, the pupils have very enthusiastically been revising their 2,3,4,5 and 6 times tables each week for a challenge on Fridays! We have also been learning about time, looking at 5 minutes and one minute intervals, and data analysis- learning to use tally mark and draw bar charts.

“I’ve really enjoyed Tally Marks, in the maths jotters its been fun. I’ve liked doing the class votes.” Kazeem

“I’ve enjoyed doing maths because its fun and we do tally marks. I found it alright.” Nathan

Art

“I enjoyed learning about the Welly-boot art because it is fun. I liked using the paint.” Harry

“I liked painting it and I liked the flowers the most because they looked so pretty.” Thomas

“I liked to do the Welly-boot art because we got to paint our own flowers and make tulips and poppies and lots of other ones.” Rayyan

“The Welly-boot art was fun because it was something different to do. I used sequence on mine.” Martin

“I loved the Mary art. I liked it because we had a lot of time to do it, we didn’t just have one day so I could take my time and make it better. My work went on the wall.” Maria

“I tried my best to fill in all the write spaces for my Mary art, I added all different kinds of things like butterflies, bunny rabbits and grass and it was so much fun. I was happy when mine went on the wall in the class.” Hrishika

“I enjoyed Toy Story during golden time. I never miss my golden time by doing my work, listen to Miss Hillhouse, being kind to people. I like Toy Story because it is creative.” Lola