Class of 2024b

—Primary 4B—MONTHLY BLOG—- East Renfrewshire site

December 2020

What a fast December!! The pupils have thoroughly enjoyed learning about The Titanic and created amazing models and presentations! They all worked so hard on this and said they found the topic very interesting! Super stuff!

We wrote a fantastic letter to Father Christmas and created wonderful Christmas stories.

“What are we doing in the forest today?” I’m often asked by the children. To this, I reply by questioning the children on what they would like to do and then I build lessons from their ideas. Last week, we worked together and created fantastic nature inspired tinsel and then had a class vote on which ones we liked the best! This week, we created a suitable bird’s nest. We are looking forward to returning to the upper forest after the holidays to take part in a range of exciting activities and to continue working as a fantastic team.

We are continuing with our Advent lessons in the classroom and have created some beautiful Advent themed art. We used black sugar paper and chalk to carefully draw around a stencil of the Nativity scene. It was fun! Dividing  2 and 3 digit numbers by 6, 7 and 8 was a challenge, but we really enjoyed learning more about this as well as how to calculate the area of a shape (by counting squares and using the rule…. area = length x breadth).

We have been learning to use contractions, adjectives, proper nouns and plurals and will continue to work on this after the holidays. We really enjoyed creating and performing in our Christmas assembly. We have worked so hard this term and have achieved many fantastic things!

“I can’t wait for the Christmas holidays!” One of the pupils said today with a massive grin.
“Me neither!” I replied.
Although it’s time for our Christmas break, I am looking forward to returning after the holidays to continue watching the pupils learn and grow together while achieving excellence in all areas of their work!

Please have a safe, holy, happy and healthy Christmas and New Year!