P5a March Blog

STEM WEEK:

As part of STEM week we had a visit from BAM. We learned about the jobs of Civil Engineers and worked in two teams to build a bridge that we would be able to walk over.

Marcus said: “I liked screwing in the different parts of the bridge”. 

Rachel said: “I loved walking across it. It was really strong”. 

Louise said: “I liked connecting all of the cables together”. 

Emma said: “I liked when Miss Convery had to test if it was strong enough and walk over it first”. 

Thank you to everyone who came in to speak to us during STEM week – we loved hearing about the wide variety of jobs in engineering and the different workshops inspired many engineers of the future.

Numeracy:

This week we have been focusing on Area and Perimeter. We worked in teams to create robots with each part of the robot a different area and perimeter.

Special Achievements:

Well done to these talented girls who all did amazingly well in the Eco competition. Rachel came in 1st place with the winning poster! Alice, Dana, Poppy and Rebekah were Runners Up. Nice work 🙂

The House Certificate for March was awarded to Marcus for his excellent effort and attitude! Well Done Marcus.

Hope everybody enjoys the holiday! 5A are looking forward to a well deserved rest!