Class of 2023a

—-PRIMARY 6A—MONTHLY BLOG—–East Renfrewshire site

The end of September already???

Yes, amazingly, it is the end of September and that can mean only one thing… another Blog!

So….welcome to our second Blog of Primary 6. We have been very busy since the last one!

In Language, we focused on plurals and pronouns and how they can be used to show possession. We wrote instructional pieces on How to Make the Perfect Cup of Tea and also How to be a Good Friend. We are now focusing on Characterisation and will be creating our own characters soon.

We have all moved on to Time in Maths. Some pupils are reading digital clocks, some are focusing on 24 hour time and some are adding/ subtracting time. (Mr McLaughlin says he feels like he’s ‘doing time’ trying to teach it!).

We voted for ‘Australia’ to be our first topic. So far, we have made fantastic fact files about Amazing Australian Animals. (We looked at Alliteration in Language!) We also investigated The Great Barrier Reef and the dangers it is facing due to Climate Change. We found out about the top ten most dangerous spiders in Australia! Aaaaarggghhh!!!

In Art, we created portraits in the style of Romero Britto, which were fun and colourful. Drama saw us act out a scene from Oliver Twist (the focus of some comprehension activities.)

Cannon Eddie came in to launch the Pope Francis Faith Award, and we are looking forward to beginning this journey at home and in school.

Sam said, “I liked the self portrait. I enjoyed the way we created it.”

Aleeza said, “I liked making the fact file on Oz Animals. I also feel better doing Art.”

Zahra said, “ I enjoyed doing the self portraits, because they were about ME!”

Remember, Mr McLaughlin regularly posts our work on Twitter… so check it out and if you like lit… like it!