Two weeks ago we planted runner beans. First, we put some soil into our cups, then we made a little hole for the bean to sit in.
Some of the beans have sprouted and we can see the plant starting to grow. Others are taking a little longer!
Mr Tyler brought along some plants that he had in the science room and we investigated the different parts of the plant by taking it out of the soil. We were able to see the roots that had grown down deep into the soil.
We also drew diagrams showing the bean, the roots and the shoots.
Using loose parts and 2D shapes we created some flowers of our own.
We are enjoying watering and watching our plants grow. Hopefully they will grow into healthy runner bean plants.