Mearns Marchers

Mrs Murray will be leading our ‘Mearns Marchers’ walking group on Wednesday 30th October, at 9.15am. This is open to all parents, grandparents to join Mrs Murray for a ‘blether’ and a walk.  It is a great way to meet other parents and to talk informally whilst getting fit. If you would like more details or would like to join Mrs Murray, please let a staff member know. 💛.

Hello from our new senior, Miss Ravey!

Hello all,

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Miss Ravey and I am now the new senior at Mearns Nursery Class.
I have worked with  children for over 10 years now, and I love it! I have a 1st class honours degree in Childhood Studies and a post graduate diploma in Childhood Practice. I was a manager in a private nursery for 5 years and prior to this I was a manager for an out of school club. I have spent time in schools, worked in David Lloyd for 2 years working with the children and leading dance classes, and worked in nurseries with all ages! My dissertation was on neuroscience and I love developing children’s cognitive development, so STEM is my favourite aspect of learning, which links in really well with the Mearns Masters innovative curriculum. I love to extend learning and support children to build up their awareness of their world.  I really look forward to getting to know you all and working with your children and families. If you’d like a chat, please don’t hesitate to approach me at drop off or pickup!

Miss Ravey

Nursery Fund

A huge thank you to everyone who has contributed to the nursery fund and to Miss Bell and helper,  for going shopping at 8am this morning! Look at all the wonderful new resources we have bought with the nursery fund money! The children are very excited and so are the staff to introduce them into our play.