Guide Dog Visit

Primary Two received a visit from Caroline and Dale from the Guide Dog Association Scotland. Caroline explained to the children how expensive it is to train a guide dog and how much time and effort is needed.

The children took part in a number of activities to highlight how difficult life would if they could not see.

We had to put tooth paste on a tooth brush. It was hard.- Yisrael

We matched gloves and socks. I used my sense of touch to help me.- Becca

I used a stick to help me feel where I was going when I was walking. – Jamin

Dale was the cutest dog ever! – Nina

It was an excellent experience that the children all enjoyed and would like to raise as much money as they can for the charity.

Chanukah 13.12.17

Today was the second day of Chanukah. This morning we light the first Chanukah candle in class. Our Menorah is shaped like Nessie the Loch Ness Monster. Ness in Ivrit means a miracle.

This afternoon we went to Shul. At Shul we said prayers, lit the Menorah> We then  got a doughnut, a drink and a present. It was very fun!

Squares- 6/12/17

Today in Numeracy we started to learn all about money.  We know all the differetn coins and notes and can order them. We used coins to make different totals. We then used different coins to make the same total.

It was a bit tricky at first but now I can do it.  Alice

We made the totals in two different ways! Becca

Speed Read!

As part of Literacy Week, Primary Two took part in a speed read!

We all brought in our favourite books to show the class. We had one minute to tell our partner about our favourite book. We read a little bit to them and then moved on to a new partner.

I found lots of new books that I want to read. I liked Leo’s Batman book the best! Freddie

Ivrit Homework: 4.12.17

Hebrew Sound Meaning
אני [ani] I
אתה

את

[ata]

[at]

You (masculine)

You (feminine)

הוא

היא

[hoo]

[hee]

He

She

אנחנו [anaHnu] We
אתם

אתן

[atem]

[aten]

You (masculine plural)

You (feminine plural)

הם

הן

[hem]

[hen]

They (masculine)

They (feminine)

Use this to help with your Ivrit homework this week!

Tesco Bank Football

Primary Two have been having weekly P.E lessons from Tesco Bank coaches. This week, we were so lucky and were visited by Lee McCulloch , a famous footballer!

He played different games with us and showed us his skills. There were lots of cameras, The Sun newspaper and even Sky Sports News!

It was a brilliant afternoon.

If you follow the link bellow you can access all the professional pictures that were taken on the day.

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=12SFnadPapI0RTZh4okl7F0e1WHO_Feo6&export=download

Scottish Maritime Museum Trip 22/11/17

Primary Two visited the Scottish Maritime Museum to learn more about Katie Morag.

We have been learning all about Island life through our Katie Morag topic. Kate Morag lives on the Isle of Struay and has a very different life to us.

During our trip we visited an old tenement house. At the house we learned what life was like in the 1920s. A mum, dad and 13 children all slept in the one room and shared a toilet with their neighbour! They would have a bath every Sunday but they all needed to share the same bath water! We smelled the horrible soap the mum would use to clean dirty clothes and saw an old iron and fire.

We then went on a bird watch but it was very cold and wet! We used binoculars to see into the distance. We saw a seal in the water, swans and some seagulls. We think a lot of birds were hiding because the weather was so horrible!

After the bird watch we went back to the museum where we looked at lots of different boats and ships and saw their engines and how they are made. We even got to sail a computer boat!

We had lunch in the cozy teaching room and then decorated our own paper seagulls to take home. Before we left, we got to visit the gift shop!

It was an amazing day and we all had so much fun!

Kabbalat Shabbat

Primary Two had their very special Kabbalat Shabbat this morning.

We all got to sit on the table together and say our prayers before the wine and challah. We got to sing our new dinosaur song to Primary 3, Primary 1, Nursery and our parents. They all loved it!

Some of us got to read out the prayers we had written in class with Mrs Rosenberg.

Some of us told the grown ups and boys and girls about our charity, the Guide Dog Association.

It was great!