At today’s meeting Thomas took minutes to say that we discussed:
- How to promote Fairtrade Fortnight which begins at the end of February.
- Running a tuckshop for Fairtrade Fortnight
- How to advertise this event.
- How to get things to sell at the event
- The possibility of speaking to pupils at Assembly to tell them about Fairtrade Fortnight.
Here are some things we have decided to do right away:
- Ask Miss McGregor how we will get the money to buy things to sell at our tuckshop.
- Choose things to sell at the tuckshop.
- Make posters to advertise our tuckshop.
- Write scripts, make PowerPoints and devise a rota for Assembly visits.
This could be a lot of fun!
Our Fairtrade group met up for the first time on Wednesday 15th January. Mrs Galt led a discussion about Fairtrade, telling us how important it is and how we can raise awareness. We shared our knowledge of Fairtrade and listed items which we have bought, which had the Fairtrade logo on it. We also spoke about shops which support Fairtrade goods. We allocated roles to the Primary 7s and learnt about what happens in a meeting in school and in the workplace. We learnt some new words i,e, minutes and agenda. We are all ready to think about our action plan and the things we hope to achieve this term.