Last week we participated in the East Renfreshire K’Nex Challenge. We had to build a bridge using K’Nex but it had to meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 19cm high (the height of a grey K’Nex rod)
- Be at least 30cm long (the length of a standard ruler)
- Have a strong robust structure to stand on its own.
- Be able to support the weight of a small bottle of water.
- Be able to open to allow tall river vessels to pass through safely.
At the end we had a secret vote to choose which one we thought met the specifications best. We chose Sean and Gordon’s – well done boys! They will now go forward to the next heat where they will compete with children from other schools. Good Luck 🙂
Here are the final three designs:
This was Shekina’s and Sophie’s, it made it to the final three!
Euan and Ryaan’s was a very close second!
* This was the winning bridge by Gordon and Sean *