Social Stories can be used to help children, particularly those with autism, to understand different situations and stay safe.
Autism Speaks have published an article on ‘What should the Autism community know about the coronavirus outbreak“.
The pages below provide social stories and visual resources to help children and young people understand a range of topics.
- Coronavirus and Computer Viruses
- Explaining Coronavirus
- Rules Changing
- Coronavirus and School Closure
- Feeling Worried about Coronavirus
- Social Distancing
- Doing School Work at Home
- Hygiene and Handwashing
- Understanding and Coping with Change
- Wearing Masks