If you are upset by the news, it’s important to know that you are not the only one and it’s OK to have those feelings. Here are some things that you can do to support your own wellbeing:
- Read this article from Newsround. It gives lots of helpful advice for when you are upset by the news, such as:
- Click this picture for advice and resources from Childline.
- Limit your screen time – there are lots of resources on this website to help you look after your mental wellbeing while online.
- Talk to others. YoungScot has advice on how to talk about and process your feelings.
- Remember not everything you read online is true. Keep to official news sources such as the BBC or the Scottish Government COVID-19 webpage.