School News – October 16

The end of the first term has come around very quickly indeed and I trust that this update will be useful to you.

October Holiday

Tomorrow (Friday 14th October) is an Inset Day and school will be closed to pupils. We’ll remain closed throughout next week and we’ll reopen on Monday 24th October for the beginning of a new term. I trust that you will all have an enjoyable and relaxing October week.

Staffing Changes

You will now be aware of the various changes to the management team which will take place from the beginning of the next term. I will be moving to the post of Acting Head Teacher in another school and Mrs Mitchell will be taking over as Acting Head Teacher here in Cross Arthurlie. I’m pleased to report that Miss Rice has been appointed Acting Depute Head Teacher and Mrs Duncan has been appointed Acting Principal Teacher. Miss Rice will have pastoral oversight of the P4 to P7 stages of the school and Mrs Duncan will have pastoral oversight of the P1 to P3 stages. These appointments will assure continuity during my absence and I know that you will all support the school team in the weeks and months to come.

Parents’ Nights

The first Parents’ Nights of the session are to be held on the 2nd and 3rd of November and you should have received letters about this over the last couple of weeks. Your appointments have been confirmed by the school office and you’ll get this information in a separate letter. Before your appointments you’ll receive a short interim report regarding your child’s progress. You’ll receive these on Friday the 28th of October. We look forward to seeing you all at Parents’ Night.

Dates for Your Diary

In the information tab of the website you’ll see a list of diary dates for the coming session. We’ll try our best to make sure that we stick to these dates, but should any change be required we’ll communicate these to you.

Twitter Feed  

And on the theme of school communication, please follow our school Twitter feed @crossarthurlie. You can click on the link to our feed on the home page.

Class Blogs  

If you haven’t yet done so, please check the class blogs on the relevant tab of the website. I’m sure you’ll all be interested in seeing what classes across the school have been working on so far this session.

Parent Council

The next meeting of the Parent Council will be on Tuesday 1st November at 7pm in Barrhead High School and all are welcome. There are a variety of dates in the near future, including the Halloween discos, which you should have received information about.