Welcome to the Primary 6B Blog

We’ve had a great first few weeks in Primary 6 and have been taking part in lots of exciting activities!

This week we have been busy during Numeracy time as it’s Maths Week Scotland. We’ve been working in groups discussing the cost of our needs and wants, unlocking games online with Sumdog and rounding off the week with a fractions fiesta in the gym hall!

The pupils have also been taking part in different art activities over the past few weeks including self-esteem art and using chalk to create a picture of the Northern Lights.

Tyeghyn “Fractions fiesta was really fun and we got to learn new things”

Ava “I liked the self-esteem art because we got to write how we feel about ourselves”

Alfie “Sumdog give out lots of games to play. You even get your own pet. Best maths game EVER!”

Charlotte ” I like when we made the Northern Lights picture because it was fun using chalk”

Lia “I enjoyed the self-esteem art. I like how everybody had to write out each others good points”

Erin ” I liked the Northern Lights picture. We got to see lots of different pictures in real life. It was pretty cool because our drawings looked like them”

Hannah “I liked the Aurora Borealis because we got to do our own design and we got to see how they look in real life”

Ruby “I like doing the emojis for the class charter because I love emojis”  (Tia then reminded us all about how our class charter links in with the Rights of the Child)

Amyleigh ” I enjoyed doing our personality islands because we got to write about and discuss our personalities”

Deacon “I like the self-esteem art because of the nice things people said. It was nice of them to say that”

Last week we also has lots of fun learning about light and shadow during Science lessons. We even made our own colour wheels! Check out our video!

Tia “I had lots of fun and enjoyed learning about light and shadow”

We hope you liked our first blog post!

Thanks for visiting and come again soon 🙂