Friday 10th November 2023

This week in P6B we were learning about…

Maths

• On Thursday we solved some maths problems. We used problem solving strategies. They include making an organised list, trial and error, act it out, working backwards and spotting a pattern. – A

Health and Wellbeing

• On Tuesday we made learning passports and we were learning about growth mindset. -K
  • On Thursday we went over to Eastwood and did sports. My group did athletics and we played cups and saucers. Then we got into partners and tried not to drop the ball. Finally we threw javelins and tried to see who could throw the javelin the furthest. – R
  • Today at P.E. we played rounders. We were practising striking and fielding. – L

Literacy and English

• Yesterday we designed a product based on a problem. We created a product that would protect someone’s PS5. – P
  • Today we made an advertisement poster for our product. I included persuasive features such as rhetorical questions, slogans and emotive language. – S
  • Today we made a poster. It tried to persuade people that the product would protect the PS5. – S

IDL

• With Miss Ralston, we researched a specific planet. I researched Mars and found out the size, atmosphere and some other facts about it. -A
  • We learned about Remembrance Day and the importance of poppies. – M

We hope you have a lovely weekend.

From Miss McNeil and P6b