Our Blog 110920

P5a class blog 11/09/20

This week we were working on 3D shape, learning about their properties and investigating corners, edges and sides. We made 3D shapes out of small wooden sticks and blue tack. We were also learning more about symmetry.  We used 2D objects and faces, we were learning how to draw the exact copy of something and a half of something with a mirror. We also revised multiplication looking at how we set out multiplications of HTU and TU.

In writing we were writing a story about the magic escalator and we had to do VCOP and we were learning about adverbs. It was lots of fun! We learned about lots of things like onomatopoeia and different things we can do to improve our writing skills and our language along the way! We also learned more about things such as adjective,s verbs and a lot more! It was lots of fun!

In PE we were doing exercise where we were Scotty’s and hot stars, we were working on our muscles and looking at the effect exercise has on them. In the MUGA we were making our own games and we came up with some pretty good ideas, we had a great time trying out all the different games that we made up, we thought of some really exciting ideas. We loved doing all of this to build up our energy!

For our topic we are learning more about the titanic and how it sunk, we were also learning about how the titanic was made and all of the features  it had. We know that there was a fire raging downstairs which melted a bit of the ship, unluckily the bit that the fire melted is the same bit the iceberg hit, which unfortunately made the ship go down in pieces.

Here are some “quotes” by some of the people of p5a

“I have really enjoyed the new points system” (LFI)

“This week I have really enjoyed learning about the Titanic and how it sunk” (BL)

“I really like our topic (titanic) it is really interesting and fun to learn about. I have learned more about what happened to the Titanic and how it sunk”! (AS)

“I have enjoyed writing about the magic elevator and where it took us to and focusing on VCOP” (CM)

“I have really enjoyed learning about the titanic and what the ship looked like inside.” (LM)

“This week I have really enjoyed maths because we were doing shapes and it was fun” (BD)

“This week I have really enjoyed exercise, I also enjoyed art creating the other half of a face.” (JU)

“This week I really enjoyed making 3D shapes out of matchsticks, this helped me to focus on the edges and corners.” (EC)

“This week I have enjoyed learning about Titanic facts and how the ship was made. ” (LF)

Perseverance, resilience, team work, communication, cooperation, problem solving, investigating and creating and designing were some of the skills we used while at the woodland today………..

Thank you for reading CM and AS