Our Exciting Week! 30/08/20

This week in P2b we have spent lots of time outside and solving problems through building challenges!

Outside, pupils used pipes, water and containers to create a water slide.

‘ I was putting the boat in the bucket to slide it down.’ Ibrahim

‘It was like a water slide through the tunnel.’ Harry and Magnus

Sofia found a worm and was brave enough to pick it up!

‘I found a worm in the mud- it felt weird. I liked the long one better.’

‘I found a caterpillar, mostly it tickled.’ -Mia

The pupils chose to create a reading den/stage with some cardboard tubes. They all worked together to strengthen the tubes, choose materials and find solutions when it kept falling down!

‘ We used cable ties, cardboard tubes, cellotape, material and string.’ Charlie and Rory

They managed to finish it on Wednesday and attached it to our role play area. We are very pleased with the finished product!

‘It’s awesome because I can pretend it is a fort.’ -Matthew

‘I was under the den reading Monkey Puzzle. I was happy because the leaf made the den green.’ Charlie

In Numeracy, we have been using lots of concrete materials to solve and create our own addition problems.

We have learned to put the big number first and count on using a number line.

‘I was colouring in a butterfly. I added both numbers together to find the colour.’ Caleb

‘We matched the calculations to the numbers on the robots. There was a number line at the bottom.’ Rory

In Literacy we were checking our sentences for capital letters, full stops and finger spaces. We used picture prompts to write sentences then challenged ourselves to draw our own pictures on the back and write a sentence about them!

Pupils voted at the end of last week for a new IDL topic and have chosen Under the Sea! Some pupils helped to create a beautiful sea front cover for our big book.

Here is all the exciting information the pupils knew about Under the Sea already.

We then thought about what we would like to find out and are using this to plan our learning together. We will start on Monday by learning about some exciting sea creatures!